The majority of ICMCP’s ongoing work is the work of committees under the direction of ICMCP Leadership Staff—volunteers themselves. The following are the ICMCP Standing Committees:
Program Committee for Internship, Protégé and Outreach Programs (CIPP)
The purpose of the CIPP is to identify, develop, approve and maintain the vision and strategy for the overall corporate and member benefit programs. Comprised of members who have volunteered to support this committee, the CIPP plans and presents strong, balanced and informative programs of the Scholarship Committee, Membership Committee, Mentor-Protégé Committee, Internship Committee and Partnership and Outreach Committee. Each of these committees also are comprised of members who have volunteered to serve on them.
- The Scholarship Committee coordinates the Educational Funding Programs—ICMCP Scholarship Awards and Certification Awards—providing evaluation of applicants to these programs, awards that are presented at the ICMCP National Conference each year.
- The Membership Committee develops and implements strategies for expanding ICMCP’s membership. This includes advising organizing committees for the establishment of regional ICMCP chapters and working with regional membership committees once they are formed.
- The Mentor-Protégé Committee coordinates the Mutual Match Mentor-Protégé Committee, encouraging mid and senior level cybersecurity professionals to mentor lower level practitioners, screening mentor applicants and matching them with protégé applicants. This Committee also follows up with both mentors and protégés to ensure that the match is successful and that goals are being met.
- The Internship Committee works with ICMCP leadership to identify internships for members in all regions and identifies internships candidates that would be a good match, utilizing the ICMCP Talent Acquisition platform.
- The Partnership and Outreach Committee identifies and recruits industry, academic and veteran partner organizations, in order to enrich the work of the other ICMCP program committees.
- The Volunteer Committee recruits and screens members as volunteers to ICMCP committees, as well as volunteers for ICMCP National Conference, Regional Summits and other events as planned by the organization.
Corporate Events Committee
The purpose of the Corporate Events Committee is threefold: 1) to plan, resource and manage corporate events for ICMCP; 2) suggest public announcements and work with the PR/Communications staff in their distribution, and 3) assist in media interviews and corporate events activities where their presence enhances the intended message. The Committee coordinates the process for National Conference, Regional Summits and other events as decided upon by the Board, working with outside vendors for events, as needed. The Committee works with the ICMCP Finance Committee in budgeting costs associated with corporate events and with the Development/Fundraising Committee to identify sources of financing/sponsorships/grants to achieve the goals and objectives of the Corporate Events Committee
The purpose of the Development/Fundraising Committee is to provide the Board of Directors with guidance and counsel on revenue-generating plans (event income, membership fees, sponsorships and fundraising) by evaluating and assisting implementation of proposed financial development and marketing strategies. The Committee also engages in donor/sponsor-stewardship activities to assist ICMCP in cultivating and retaining donor/sponsor relationships, and participates in the planning, organizing, hosting and/or sponsoring fundraising activites that support annual operating needs. The Committee advises the Finance Committee on achievable annual fundraising goals.
The purpose of the Public Relations/Communications Committee is to assist in the development of concepts, marketing plans, and outreach strategies, that support and facilitate the work of ICMCP. In this capacity, the Committee designs marketing strategies for the National Conference, Regional Summits and other ICMCP events. The Committee develops and disseminates press releases and email blasts regarding ICMCP activities in consultation with the Executive Leadership, and it oversees the development of the ICMCP newsletter.